Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veterans Day

I would like to take time to give honor to all the veterans who fought and died for this country that I live in. I cannot express the appreciation enough that I have for their dedication and noble service. God bless each and every veteran from the bottom of my heart.


A fact that you might find interesting:

If you took the American Flag and applied all the men and women that have died for this country from the Revolutionary War to today, to the 50 stars, they would represent over 26,000 for each star.

Think of this the next time you say the Pledge of Allegiance to our Flag.

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Wow. That's definitely something to think about and extremely moving.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Thanks for sharing that fact about the stars on the flag. Sad, though, isn't it?

Thanks for visiting my blog, do come back often! I appreciate that you let me know that you were there.